PS2 Slim Methylene – BASIC
you are solely responsible for its installation, use and operation.
we assume you have read the full description below and you know what you are buying 😉.
Methylene BASIC need flashed ESP32 to operate, not included in BASIC version
PS2 Methylene takes the hassle out of repairing your old DualShock 2, by allowing you to use modern controllers, thanks to Blueretro! the controllers that Blueretro supports, Methylene supports!
If you’re a modder, or if you’d like to program your ESP32 yourself, but don’t want to worry too much about wiring and installing the detection circuit, Methylene’s BASIC version is for you! It’s the same as the STANDALONE version, without the ESP32, which you can get for cheap, the specific version of blueretro is available in the installation guide.
Main features :
- Bluetooth pairing of modern controllers
- Internal installation
- Port connection indicator LEDs
- Wired controller connection detection, no more conflicts with wired controllers and internal Blueretro installation
- Remote console power-up via Bluetooth with a previously paired controller
- Remote console shutdown by keystroke combination
- Bluetooth update as for Blueretro
- OPTIONAL: you can add a small speaker (speaker you might find in an old PC, for example), to have a startup/reset/shutdown sound
Compatible with PS2 Slim models:
- SCPH900xx (not recommended: as the space under the motherboard is even more restricted than on the other models, the removal of the ESP32’s metal capsule improves this)
The installation process consists of soldering the flex under the motherboard. If you’ve already soldered a modchip, this is theoretically easier.
You can check the installation guide here.
By purchasing Methylene BASIC, you are solely responsible for its installation, use and operation.
By purchasing Methylene BASIC we assume you have read the full description below and you know what you are buying 😉.