PS2 Slim Methylene – STANDALONE
you are solely responsible for its installation, use and operation.
we assume you have read the full description below and you know what you are buying 😉.
PS2 Methylene takes the hassle out of repairing your old DualShock 2, by allowing you to use modern controllers, thanks to Blueretro! the controllers that Blueretro supports, Methylene supports!
This standalone version integrates the ESP32 module flashed with the specific version of Blueretro and Methylene, so you don’t have to worry about programming. If you already have an ESP32 and the necessary programming, the Methylene BASIC version will do just fine!
- Bluetooth pairing of modern controllers
- Internal installation
- Port connection indicator LEDs
- Wired controller connection detection, no more conflicts with wired controllers and internal Blueretro installation
- Remote console power-up via Bluetooth with a previously paired controller
- Remote console shutdown by keystroke combination
- Bluetooth update as for Blueretro
- OPTIONAL: you can add a small speaker (speaker you might find in an old PC, for example), to have a startup/reset/shutdown sound
Compatible with PS2 Slim models:
- SCPH900xx (not recommended: as the space under the motherboard is even more restricted than on the other models, the removal of the ESP32’s metal capsule improves this)
The installation process consists of soldering the flex under the motherboard. If you’ve already soldered a chip, this is theoretically easier.
You can check the installation guide here.
By purchasing this flex cable, you are solely responsible for its installation, use and operation.
By purchasing this flex cable we assume you have read the full description below and you know what you are buying 😉.